Popular Science ActivitiesI also try to make Mathematics more popular and motivate people to learn math. Here are two nice math questions for joy and spare time [Questions].
- Miguel Moreno, Is it possible that you really don't have choice? Skolar.fi (June 2017). [Article]
- August 2013. Das Spiel des bösen Königs. Talk given to my non-mathematical classmates during the B1 German course, Institut für Sprachvermittlung internationalen Kulturaustausch. Bonn (Germany). [pic1] [pic2]
- January 2017. Continuously Comparing Theories. Talk given to a non-mathematical audience, most of them Ph.D. students of other fields (the talk of my public examination was based on this talk), Helsinki University. Helsinki (Finland). [Abstract] [Slides] [Video]
Contributions to mathematical competitions
- 2007. IX Olimpíada de Matemáticas de Centroamérica y el Caribe, second problem.
- 2007. XII Olimpíada Iberoamericana de Matemáticas, second problem.
- 2008. XXVII Olimpíada Colombiana de Matemáticas, second problem, primer nivel.
- 2008. XIII Olimpíada Iberoamericana de Matemáticas, fifth problem.
- 2009. XXVIII Olimpíada Colombiana de Matemáticas, fifth and third problem, nivel superior.
- 2009. XVII Olimpíada Matemática Rioplatense, first and fourth problem, level 3; fifth problem, level 2; first problem, level A.
Office: Room D5.22.3
Address: Kurt Gödel Research Center for Mathematical Logic,
University of Vienna
Email: morenom71 'at' univie.ac.at